Sunday, December 27, 2009

Can i really put squeeze cod liver oil on my turtle's eye?

My turtles are having some eye trouble and I know he need vitamin A for it. Someone was saying to squeeze cod liver oil from the little pill on their eyes.. is this safe?Can i really put squeeze cod liver oil on my turtle's eye?
It won't be absorbed through the eye. You can add it to the turtle's food or use Linatone (pricey) or just feed the turtle liver.Can i really put squeeze cod liver oil on my turtle's eye?
This was made up by a bored vet or something, because all you'll achieve is an oily turtle with CLO in their eyes! Chances are that your turtle has either a respiratory infection, or an eye irritation caused by either the UVB being too close, or poor water quality.
I've heard of it. Go to turtleforum.com and post your question there. There are tons of knowledable people there from all over the world. The site is down right now but it will be back up soon.


You should also find out what caused the problems so you can fix it.
squeeze the oil onto his food. Mist his head and face with clean clear water 2-3 times a day

No comments:

Post a Comment